We are looking for you, an awesome Chicago high school teen who is interested in producing books by other Chicago teens! Revolving Door's teen-run publishing house, [Y]volve, allows you to develop and use skills necessary to take a book from concept to sale.
As an [Y]volve Editor, not only will you help produce the 2019 Teen Chapbook Series, but you will also have opportunities to interact with professional writers and editors, meet new people, learn layout and design, work with artists, organize and attend readings and events in partnership with Chicago bookstores and business, and so much more.
Visit revolvingdoorarts.org to check out our 2017 and 2018 teen authors, books, and [Y]volve editors to get a sense of what you will be able to accomplish as an [Y]vovlve editor.
Application deadline: July 15, 2018
Program Dates: September 22, 2018 - June 15, 2019
Program Schedule: 2 Saturdays per month
Program Time: 10am-12pm
[Y]volv Editor Roles & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- regularly attending meetings,
- reading and reviewing creative writing by Chicago teens,
- working with a Teen Chapbook Series author one-on-one (communicating important dates, tasks, and deadlines, offering feedback on their work, helping to review and select cover art, etc.), and
- helping to plan meeting and meet-ups.
[Y]volve Editorship is great for teens who have or want to develop skills in:
- collaborating with others,
- email communications (reading and responding to email is absolutely key for this position!),
- social Media posting and managing,
- making books that will actually be printed and sold,
- giving feedback on creativing writing,
- networking with professionals, and
- organizing and planning events.
Got Questions?! Email us at email@example.com